Monday, October 25, 2010

Double Duty

This week you have two assignments. Try to do them over 2-3 days unless you actually have at least 90 min. to devote. Quick last minute blogs won’t work for these assignments.


1) Go back to last week’s blog. Read and respond to at least 3 blogs + my questions at the end of the blogs. Make sure you use the names of the bloggers you respond to.

2) Click on the following link Mr. Jech chose for you and answer at least two of his questions. Since this is a longer piece, listening to it once should give you a fairly good enough idea to comment. But listen closely – don’t get distracted!

Mr. Jech’s questions:
WHAT DO YOU NOTICE ABOUT INSTRUMENTATION/ORCHESTRATION?

WHAT, IF ANYTHING DO YOU NOTICE ABOUT THE CHANGES/HARMONIC PROGRESSION?

COMPARE AND CONTRAST THE STYLE/MOOD/RYTHMIC TECHNIQUES OF THE PLAYERS FROM SOLO TO SOLO. DO YOU HEAR COMMON IDEAS, OR 'QUOTES' FROM PLAYER TO PLAYER?

THIS TUNE IS THE OPENING TRACK OF THE GREATEST SELLING JAZZ ALBUM OF ALL TIME. THIS BEING KNOWN, WHAT DO YOU FIND INTERESTING ABOUT THE BEGINNING OF THIS TUNE? IS IT WHAT YOU WOULD EXPECT?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlIU-2N7WY4

32 comments:

  1. Well, that made NO SENSE. I set my cookie security stuff to a higher level of security, to where it doesn't let as many cookies through, and NOW it works... I don't get it...

    Anyway.
    I'm going to answer Mr. Jech's questions today. The last two. I'm just doing Mr. Jech's questions because they're easier to answer and I am lazy. So, I'll be answering the last two questions. And you get a bonus commentary! Lucky you! Unless you find it slightly offensive! Then I will assume you're easily offended and laugh at you! A ha ha ha!

    The beginning was kind of tentative, which doesn't go with my stereotypes. It was just the "background" music and the trumpet playing on and off at first, and then they added in some other instruments. Mind. Blown.

    This is almost exactly what I was expecting when I saw the word "jazz." Except the beginning. That was different. There are a few types of music that you can do a lot of different stuff to and it will sound the same. Jazz is one of these. I like the way it sounds, sure. It's just not the sort of thing I'd listen to all the time. It would get really annoying if I listened to it all the time, and my ears would bleed, and then I wouldn't be able to hear, and then I couldn't play violin or piano, and I would be sad, and my teachers would get mad at me for not listening, and they wouldn't believe my reasons, and I'd get sent to the principal's office, and I've never been to the principal's office before, and I would hyperventilate, and I would then develop athsma from by some freak chance, and then I'd have an athsma attack, and then I'd die...
    You see why I don't listen to it all the time. As it is, I don't, so I like it fairly well.
    Therefore, I'm not dead, and I still have to keep my grades up, so I'm commenting.
    Oh joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you hear common ideas, or 'quotes' from player to player?

    The "so what" line that the trumpet plays at the intro can be heard through the rest of the song. For example at 3:30 the saxophone plays the "so what" faster than the trumpet, but it is still recognizable. Then at 5:03 the piano's lower hand plays the "so what" theme again behind the main melody. This one quote seems to permeate and connect all of the otherwise seemingly dis-similar solos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Question 4:
    I think that the beginning of the song was kind of boring. I was kinda like, when is the trumpet going to stop playing those same two notes? But, it got better. I liked the piano solo, mainly cause I play piano. But I think that this song sounds lilke it has a story behind it, which might actually be kind of hard cause it seems like they're improvising.

    Question 3: YES! The piano plays "so what" in the background the WHOLE TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok... well 1st of all LOVE the ALL CAPS(MR.JECK :) MY THING... :), BUT I HATE TO SAY I DONT LIKE JAZZ MUCH... YOUR TRUMPET IS STILL AWESOME! SO ON THIS WEEKS I GUESS THE TRUMPET PART THAT IT KEEPS PLAYING IS PRETTY COOL, jazz just bores me a little, after hearing it play that same what like 2 notes or something hes not good anymore, hes just a dude who can play a little bit of trumpet. SOOO, it sounds cool when the sax plays it too, i like it a little better i guess cus it is a little more creative i guess. So, ummm, now to answer the actual questions.
    THE CHANGES/HARMONIC PROGRESSION ARE NOT VERY BOLD, THE BACKGROUND MUSIC IM GUESSING WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT, IS ALL THIS LITTLE PAINO PLAYING ELEVATOR MUSIC. THE SOLOS...YEAH UM, WELL THEY KINDA PLAY THE SAME COUPLE OF NOTES A COUPLE OF TIMES, ALL OF THEM...IM PRETTY SURE AT LEAST, OK LAST QUESTION!!! UM I THINK ITS A PRETTY BORING PIECE FOR THE OPENER OF A CD OR WHATEVER THEY USE, THOUGH I DONT LISTEN TO TOO MUCH JAZZ ANYWAY SO WHAT I SAY DOESNT MATTER MUCH I SUPPOSE. IT GETS BETTER AS YOU GET MORE INTO THE PIECE. UM WELL I GUESS THATS ABOUT ALL I HAVE TO SAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. in the orchestrataion ther is a cello, bass cello, piano, and trap set are playing at a steady pace and trumpet is poping out all kinds of rythms and pitches trap set uses cmbals mostlyand the snare then sax comes in after trumpet is finiished.come in just like the trumpet was playing the piano takes over after the sax playing bout same way then in the back ground after a while you hear trumpet creeping in then the trumpet takes control again there is also a low brass and woodwindsthere playing da dat pause da dat the cello has soloand plys just about the same every measure qeustion 2 yes the progression seams to stay steady in the back ground but the soloest all have different progression in there playin but they all have that du dit ppop sound

    ReplyDelete
  6. The background instruments were the drum set and the chello and piano their was burst of brass and the wind instruments. This peice included all the intruments of the orchestra.

    The begining of the peice was interesting because of the contrast of the sof chello music and loud brass music.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time for Mr. Jech's questions. The drums keep the same basic beat, but they improv a lot, as do the other instruments. They keep the same beat so that we could pay more attention to the soloists. The trumpet solo seemed a little simple, but the sax solo seemed to be bouncing around everywhere. They both seemed to keep the same mood. The piano kept the same mood, but got more of an uppity feeling. He seemed to make it more simple than the sax, but a little more complex than the trumpet. At the beginning I was expecting some upbeat swing jazz. I don't listen to a lot of jazz, but I haven't listened to a lot of jazz in my life, so I guess I assumed all famous jazz sounded like that. This started off slower than I would have expected.

    Time for comments on other people's blogs.
    All right the first one is for a lot of people: Some of you guys were saying things like if their lyrics are clean, they are Christian. Attack Attack's lyrics are clean and they're not Christian. They don't mention sex or drugs. I believe that religious music is about the message not the actual lyrics. Take a few Rise Against songs. They give a great message, but their lyrics aren't clean, so we assume that they aren't religious.

    On to musicman: I'm not gonna talk about you're saying that Christian music can't pump you up. Ima give you three examples right here: The Devil Wears Prada, August Burns Red, and old school Hawk Nelson. They are all Christian bands, and they are all in my top 10 for getting pumped up before an event or something. I do agree that Disturbed is overplayed. On the other hand, what u said about God's favorite music was eye opening. I agree wit u on that bro.

    Next is Lucy. I completely agree with her statement that secular music can bring you closer to God. I have actually experienced it. I was listening to a song by (I can't believe this) Hollywood Undead. They are the farthest thing from religious, but when I heard the bridge to This Love, This Hate, I immediately started thinking about my relationship with God and thought of ways to get closer to Him.

    I don't know if I have enough... so one more persone. Alright Myriam's thoughts on the type of music that God likes. She was very specific on what message God would like. I believe that the songs where we ask who am I are songs that God inspired those people to write their beliefs. Their honest belief. I'm not talking bout songs talkin bout I'm a gangsta or whatever. I'm talkin bout the songs where they talk bout what they're going to do with their lives.

    This took a lot of time so I hope I did good. This is Paco signing out. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The whole time at the beginnign it was really repetitive, until like 50 seconds into it. Like everyone said it was that kinda bum bum bum bum "so what" the whole time until the trumpet or whatever started going. It wasn't so much boring as anticipation. I wanted to know like "is this going to change at all? what's gonna happen next?." But it was really pretty!
    I think the soloists were very similar, but the second one had a faaster pace than the first one. Overall, the very very long piece was pretty interesting and they put the instrumentation together well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THIS TUNE IS THE OPENING TRACK OF THE GREATEST
    SELLING JAZZ ALBUM OF ALL TIME. THIS BEING KNOWN, WHAT DO YOU FIND INTERESTING ABOUT THE BEGINNING OF THIS TUNE? IS IT WHAT YOU WOULD EXPECT?

    well....i thought the beginning was kind of boring....i would expect there to be more than just two notes being played but then again there needs to be less intricate stuff at the beginning so the climax of the song will be more emphasized if that makes sense so, i guess it's necessary but i still think it's boring. It didn't make me want to listen to the rest of the song which is weird because it's best selling.

    COMPARE AND CONTRAST THE STYLE/MOOD/RYTHMIC TECHNIQUES OF THE PLAYERS FROM SOLO TO SOLO. DO YOU HEAR COMMON IDEAS, OR 'QUOTES' FROM PLAYER TO PLAYER?

    hmm well the trumpet played slower and played less scales than the saxophone which seemed to play a lot faster and used a lot of scales...the style of the saxophone was a little more detailed than the trumpet i thought. and i find it sort of hard to compare the piano to the trumpet and sax because it's an entirely different instrument..but i guess it gave the piece maybe a...lighter feel? but it made me think of old people and...coffee shops! haha..jazz is weird. and the cello, i guess it was..well..it played a completely different melody than the sax and trumpet but i think it used about the same rhythm and it was just as boring :P but yeah i think i heard a reoccurring "quote" but i couldn't begin to explain it. Im pretty sure the sax "quoted" the trumpet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. COMPARE AND CONTRAST THE STYLE/MOOD/RYTHMIC TECHNIQUES OF THE PLAYERS FROM SOLO TO SOLO. DO YOU HEAR COMMON IDEAS, OR 'QUOTES' FROM PLAYER TO PLAYER?
    I hear alot of common ideas between the sax and the trumpet player. The trumpet went back to playing only two notes at the end. I liked how the piano had its own little theme in the middle

    THIS TUNE IS THE OPENING TRACK OF THE GREATEST SELLING JAZZ ALBUM OF ALL TIME. THIS BEING KNOWN, WHAT DO YOU FIND INTERESTING ABOUT THE BEGINNING OF THIS TUNE? IS IT WHAT YOU WOULD EXPECT?
    At the beginning I thought it was pretty boring that the trumpet only played two notes. I thought it got pretty boring and annoying in some strange way.

    The CCM Conflict:
    crazier4cheer: My parents are the same way. They dont want me to have un-meaningful sex or sex before marriage but that doesnt mean we cant listen to something besides CCM. Music is an expression of who we are.

    YOON:
    I have to say that I disagree. Music is music. All because some of it is a sinful moral doesnt mean God doesnt want us to listen to it. God made music for a reason. People listen to it because it makes them feel better. When you listen to music does it make you feel better? Songs have different meanings and I hate to say it but in todays society the only time you will hear songs that dont have sinful acts are on AIR1 or stations like that. Todays society is shallow in a way and people dont care as much as they used to about what God thinks about the music. They listen to it because it makes them feel way better.

    Devon: I agree with Devon. God wants us to believe in him and follow him and as long as we do follow him and believe in him and trust in him he is fine with the type of music we listen to but that doesnt mean go out and listen to Marilyn Manson

    ReplyDelete
  11. WHAT, IF ANYTHING DO YOU NOTICE ABOUT THE CHANGES/HARMONIC PROGRESSION?

    This piece starts out smooth and consistant, but then it jumps and gets lound and a lot more choppier in the pitch and sound. It almost doesn't sound like a good piece of Jazz. The progression goes almost from order to cause and repeates that pattern.



    THIS TUNE IS THE OPENING TRACK OF THE GREATEST SELLING JAZZ ALBUM OF ALL TIME. THIS BEING KNOWN, WHAT DO YOU FIND INTERESTING ABOUT THE BEGINNING OF THIS TUNE? IS IT WHAT YOU WOULD EXPECT?

    The beginning of this toon is soft and smooth with the stillness of the trumpet playing, and the strumming of the chello. NO I expected it to be less speratic in some parts, but just be a totally smooth flowing quiet song.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am answering number four right now-

    I expected thst it would be more exciting,
    like,'come on,trck on the thing!! lets do this!!' but it was really calm,and dignified.I found it interesting at first that there was no singing,i was kind of mad,then i relised that some jazz does not have singing in it,so then I liked a whole lot more than I did,Because of it's unique-ness.

    Now i am answering number three-

    The solos were all saxaohone and the trumpet.I liked the cool changes,more like acrobatic changes,that the sax,but Ialso liked the cool feel of the trumpet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like jazz music, but I'm horrible at dissecting and understanding it. The instruments I can hear are the drums, trombone, cello, and of course the trumpet. The music sounds upbeat throughout the entire piece, to me at least. I like the beginning of the song so it does not suprise me that it is on the best selling jazz album ever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1. I noticed that it started out slow with one instrument and one by one the saxaphone,drum,trombone,and piano joined in.
    2.The music got more intense and slowed down at the end. That the orchestration was slow and smooth through out the whole piece.

    ReplyDelete
  15. THIS TUNE IS THE OPENING TRACK OF THE GREATEST SELLING JAZZ ALBUM OF ALL TIME. THIS BEING KNOWN, WHAT DO YOU FIND INTERESTING ABOUT THE BEGINNING OF THIS TUNE? IS IT WHAT YOU WOULD EXPECT?

    I found it intresting that he just was playing 2 notes and then the song started like he didnt just start right into the song.

    WHAT DO YOU NOTICE ABOUT INSTRUMENTATION/ORCHESTRATION?

    I noticed that when one instrument started to slow down the others would join in.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Were we suppose to post our responses to last weeks blog on this blog or last weeks (That sounds very confusing)???

    ReplyDelete
  17. What, if anything do you notice about the progression?
    I noticed that the progression had gotten complicated for a while but then turned into a nice smooth rhythm but yet fun at the same time.
    What did you find interesting at the beginning of this tune? Is it what you expected?
    At the beginning of this tune I found it interesting when the beginning of the song had a dramatic change, were it changed from a fun excited jazz noise to a smooth yet fun dramatic jazz noise. It wasn’t really what I expected it had a different turn then I thought it would.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mr. Jech's questions:
    2.: The first main instruments were the trumpet and piano and then the other instruments came together. I really like how the cello helped hold the instruments together, along with the piano.

    4.: I did not expect the begining to be repetitive for that long. It sounded nice. It was cool that the two notes the trumpet played sounded like someone saying, "So what?"

    ReplyDelete
  19. Reponse to 1st assegnment.

    Mabe. I guess mabe by trying to say that God isn't real. By showing senarios of life. Probably alot so that people would get a false sense of who God really is. Quite abit because it be based on the false idea of "you should get what you want all the time." Alot because it encourage them to do the wrong thing.No because it is our responsibilites to figure out what is right for al our us to be listening to. In some ways we are. You don't nesasarily have to be talking to someone about Christ in order to have them e witnessed to. Just by your actions, and them knowing that you are a Christian can be enough to have them convert and to become a follower of Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  20. so, i'm going to answer the last question first..but like EVERYONE said, the beginning is kind of disappointing, it's so repetitive. but i guess every good piece needs an introduction. i mean, it helps you really appreciate the solos and stuff following the introduction, but it still really kind of makes you not want to listen to it.
    and second is the one about the instrumentation. it's cool that they all take turns, and how unique and different each solo is. i mean, props to all those guys to be able to play something of the similar thing with their own twist.
    the song is actually pretty cool. the soloists blare out with their instrument, while everyone goes all mellow and soft while still maintaining a good sound.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This post is from Giorgio Johnson:
    I like the trumpet solo in the beginning with the drums in the back ground. Its a very clean solid sound. The piano solo reminds me of going to a formal dinner while having caviar with a drink. But I really like how the drums stay the same throughout the entire song its a very soothing old jazzy piece I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. "Music is all about self expression and worship music doesn't always do that for us. All we can do is pray for an answer."-rachel

    I don't know which rachel said this but agree! This kind of explains what i was trying to convey

    Miryam said this: "Other than that, we are all guilty of not paying attention to it when we are flipping through the radio stations; secular music (but not always rap) is just what we are used to."

    I don't agree that we are guilty of anything when we choose for example KJ over Air1. We just don't feel like listening to that song that is on the particular station that we are passing by.

    KPham said this
    "god likes all music, if he didn't then why would he allow us to come up with something so great."

    I agree with this. God created everything so...creativity is all him. He allows us to create whatever we want and he loves us even if he might not like what we are doing which whether or not he likes/dislikes other types of music can only be answered by the man himself.

    ________________________________________________

    Hmmm... the first thing I see and hear is a trumpet....of course Mr. Jech picked this!

    April 1959 is when this video is from and I think the era it is from is the reason THIS TUNE IS THE OPENING TRACK OF THE GREATEST SELLING JAZZ ALBUM OF ALL TIME.
    Man! can this guy play or what!? My mind is sufficiently blown!

    Later on in Mr. J's choices for la musica I'm thinking some Al Greene will suffice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. i agree with lucy and i belive devon about it the words. is the meaing behind the song that would make it silary (can't spell) or christian. but i also agree with emily (i think i was reading them all and can't remember) about its the msuic too. the music can help with the meaning behind the words. i can just say words without know what i'm saying, but with the emotions through the music it help express the feel of the piece. though i can the same with note, just play the notes without feeling them. still they help each express the meaning. like this one song from this awsome bad (not going to say their name baecasue this is own oppinion) people might think its a happy song, but when you first hear the music you know its not. the song is about why in a great nation is there still all this pain and suffering? if america is such a great place to live, such an utopia, why does is rain? but it also show there is light in the darkness. that even in this painful world there is an real utopia. this band shows more within evil and darkness there is hope and light.
    this might go with what ms. burk was saying about the different between christian/church and s music or was it CCN? idk, but many way with the satan question, since everyone listen to music that would be a good place to try to get people away from god. satan could spend out music of false pleasue, sloth, greed, envy, etc. try to get people to dobt god and turn away from him. though people might not really listen to most of the songs they hear, subconscious do. the words and the meaning subconsciouly goes into your mind and heart. so it might make it easier for you turn away from god.

    with instrumental its mainly one to ten playing. sometimes when you listen to instrumental pieces you can almost hear a person singing with the song. the instruments really start singing. also their is that main instrument that is the singer and everyone else is more and likely back up singers. though sometimes they change main singers. like in the video first it was the trumpet then the sack-o-phone (can't spell) then piano. the bass, drums, and other brass would the backup singers. though bass had some moments but the might becasue he was the beat.
    orchesrtation, i think its orchesrt with a
    -ation at the end, but its more players and the music type is most of the time the same, but it could also be whos the one in control that saying what they play to. but i really don't know so i don't what to say must on this. also this is the third time i'm writing this my brian in died, but if i don't finish this now i would never will. so sorry if this does not make since you some of you, its make since to me.

    ReplyDelete
  24. COMPARE AND CONTRAST THE STYLE/MOOD/RYTHMIC TECHNIQUES OF THE PLAYERS FROM SOLO TO SOLO. DO YOU HEAR COMMON IDEAS, OR 'QUOTES' FROM PLAYER TO PLAYER?

    Okay well, the trumpet player keeps his playing really melodic and bright, playing on beat with not a lot of dissonance, I really like how he contrasts with the saxophone player. The saxophone player was going crazy with those arpeggios and scales and stuff, It seemed as though they put talent and soul together to create something that other combinations would find impossible to emulate.

    THIS TUNE IS THE OPENING TRACK OF THE GREATEST SELLING JAZZ ALBUM OF ALL TIME. THIS BEING KNOWN, WHAT DO YOU FIND INTERESTING ABOUT THE BEGINNING OF THIS TUNE? IS IT WHAT YOU WOULD EXPECT?

    The trumpet on this, is amazing. The beginning was superb. I don't understand how all these people keep complaining about the whole 2 note thing at the beginning. This guy can put more soul into those 2 notes than most people can with 88. Honestly I did expect something a little faster paced at the beginning but this did better than what I could have anticipated. Much better.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I feel that the instrumentation was well fitting together. The instrument choice was really basic for jazz. The double bass has to change his key whenever there is a different solo to match it. The drums keep a steady rhythm and does a little improve but keeps the beat. I hear common ideas between the solos but different expressions such as speed and long notes.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I actually liked the song that they played because it was really light and soft and jazzy. It was interesting to hear something so different then what we usually listen to. Anyway, I liked how each instrument had a solo. I especially liked hearing the guy play the trumpet because he played it really good and he made funny faces. When he played it, it sounded really clear and good and I liked listening to it. I also liked how all the different instruments came together as one. It was weird because each instrument stood our a lot but they all worked together and sounded good. I also liked how the drums played the symbols more than like the louder drums. It worked with the over all performance. In the end, I liked listening to the video because it was a pretty cool thing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. THAT WAS LIKE TOTALLY AWESOME!! I love Jazz its so catchy plus it doesnt have anything to do with drugs and stuff, its strictly instrumental you can put in words or just enjoy the music . I agree with Tervor Grose the sax was bouncing up and down lol, but i hav to say that the Sax and trumpet play mostly and its awesome (except when my sister Emerie plays the sax it sounds like a dieing pig).

    The guy at the begining looked and sounded like John Wayne the actor but it turns out it wasnt it was a big time squirrel lol. the instruments were trumpet, sax, drums, and paino, when i first heard it i thought it was the Pink Panther theme song then i noticed it wasnt, which was another squirrel.

    i loved the harmony of the song it was really catchy, plus the sax was killing (So to speak lol) i hope we do another Jazz song.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Music man+ i like when u said that music is about human release... i agree with that totally. also lyrics are like preaching...great blog

    ilikedrums+ i like what you said about chm vs sm. It makes sense...i only listen to it for the beat to

    devon+ i agree with what you said all the way...just make God happy

    burk q+ only the music that you would feel comfortable playing in front of a priest will go with you



    Jech QS

    This is a jazz piece so it keeps a nice steady beat but jazzing? I notice a little difference in between each solo with adds to the jazzy mode. it puts you on your toes, witch is cool

    This is not what i excepted. When i think of jazz i think of saxophone.not trumpet. and for the best jazz ever i wanted super sax...i was disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ok, so first of all, i have no clue wich question you were talking about so im gonna answer the one i think you were talking about. You asked in that "as Christian musicians, we should be promoting the message of Christ, are we doing this?" I feel that it is the truth for anyone who calls themselves Christian to be promoting Christ, even through their music.

    Toria: I totally agree with victoria that kids would rather listen to bad stuff because it makes them feel cool and they can brag about it as compared to like trying to brag about praying which isnt as cool to most people.

    JennyCat: I have also heard that saying that "when you sing to God, its praying twice" and i think that can be another point on how music can be Christian too.

    YOON: Your logic is very pursuasive concerning the issue of GOD caring about what we listen to considering that if you listen to sinnful music, your only promoting its ways.

    Crazier4Cheer: I love the ideas on what makes Christian music Christian!! I couldnt have spelled it out any better.

    PART 2:

    Question 1: I think something very small that i noticed with the percussion was that the drummer began the song with a brush in his right hand on the cymbal and switched it out for a stick and played slightly hard as the song progressed. also, he constanly changed from feathering the snare to rim shots and back again.

    Question 3:I think that the soloists really built off of one another and added their own individualism into the song which is truly what makes this song special.

    ReplyDelete
  31. 1. The music man has good points except for #2 i think it is easy to relate to CCm because the songs are about life for instance the song by JJ Heller who will love me for me. starts out about a lady who hubby left her and she ask God who will love me. That totally goes with a break up. i think most people including me always put CCm in this lil box of thou shalt do this type of music. but we we really take time to listen it relates this most to are lives.
    2.Giorgio Johnson:
    Giorgio what happened to the 7th grader who loved hip-hop you where sing Akon smack that in the hall way all the time. any way i agreed with you all the way up to the God liking Led zeppelin Lol really what’s the name of that song umm Stair way to heaven which is rumored if played backwards is satanic im Sure thats God favorite ;) and most rapper have a respect for God unlike most rockers. and the name led zeppelin speaks for itself. And I think God like hip-hop more because he probably likes to dance.
    3.arymay i agree a lot about what you said the only things is i think people can relate to both CCm and secular i think a lot of people do not listen to CCm so the songs they are think about dont apply to them

    Part2:
    The instrumentation focuses on one instrument at a time the drums and base or in the back they are noticeable but are not the main focus like the trumpet at the begging. But it does not focus on one instrument for long it which to other instrument solos like the sax and the piano. The only difference I heard between the instruments was the piano and the trumpet. The piano was very choppy and bounce unlike the trumpet which had a more flowing sound.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I agree with music man God probably doesnt like it if we listen to music that puts in a bad name for him. daniel i agree with you music is 100% gift from God but if you dont think christian music is "new or awesome" listen to a band called skillet i used to not like christian music until i heard them. and Phammy i do and dont agree with you i do think that God probably doesnt care about what music we listen to except if is taking us away from him like if its a devil band or something God probably wouldnt like that too much
    Part two
    I really like this song it really relaxes you and all of the instruments kinda play the same tune but at different times but it all works perfectly i can tell why this is the number one selling jazz album

    ReplyDelete